BAHASA INGGRIS KELAS VII
Text 1 for number 1-3
My name is Irsyad. I am an SMP student. I live on Jalan Ciremai. My father’s name is Mr. Rahman. He works in a clinic. He is a doctor. My mother is a teacher at a primary school near my house.
My parents have three children. Eddy, the eldest brother, works as a programmer in private company. Wulan is my sister. We are students. She goes to SMA 3.
1. Who is Irsyad?
a. He is an SMA student.
b. He is an SMP student.
c. He is a teacher.
d. He is a doctor
2. How many people are there in Mr. Rahman’s family?
3. What is Randi’s mother?
a. She is a programmer.
b. She is a teacher.
c. She is a student.
d. She is a doctor.
4. My father’s name is Mr. Rahman. He works in a clinic.(par. 1)
The word He refers to….
5. Dita : Hello, Rinto. Glad to see you here. How are you?
Rinto : Hello, Rika…. And You?
Rika : Fine, thanks.
a. How do you do?
b. Are you sure?
c. Nice to meet you
d. I’m fine thank you
6. Ms. Ningrum : Today is hot. Isn’t it?
Roni : Yes, Ma’am.
Ms. Ningrum : Roni, open the windows, please.
Roni : Yes, of course, Ma’am.
MsNingrum : ___________, Roni.
Roni : You are welcome.
a. You are good
b. That’s nine
c. This’s fastastic
d. Thank you
Read the following text and anser question no 7-9
A rainbow is a natural phenomenon. It usually appears after rain. The sun light is dispersed by the water droplets. This produces a rainbow. We can see many colors in a rainbow. They are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. For some people, a rainbow brings happiness, hope and inspiration. They believe there is happiness after sorrow.
7. A rainbow is a natural phenomenon.....raining.
d. as soon as
8. How many colors can we see in a rainbow?
9. For some people, a rainbow brings happiness, hope and inspiration.
The antonym of ‘happiness’ is
10. Who is the card sent to?
b. Agnes’s friend
c. The committee
d. A competition
11. Why did the writer send the card?
a. To make her friend happy
b. To join story telling competition
c. To congratulate her friend
To encourage her friend
Where can we find the notice?
a. At the garden
b. At the station
c. At the beach
d. At the gas station
Read the text to answer no 13-14
13. The text above is a kind of ….
a. Short message
b. Greeting card
c. Invitation letter
14. Why did Alya come late? because ….
a. Alya will do the homework at library
b. Alya will do the homework at school
c. Alya will do the homework at class
d. Alya will do the homework at her friend’s house
Friya is one of my classmate. He is clever and diligent student. He … (15) to Junior High School. He is seventh grade. He is good at every subject at school, but his primary subject is Math. He … (16) to become pilot.
15. a. goes
16. a. want
d. has wanted
Text 6 Read the following announcement! (for no. 17-18)
Good morning, class.
Join our choir rehearsal every Saturday
At 1p.m. to 3p.m. in the school hall.
All are invited
17. What’s the purpose of the announcement above?
a. To inform all students about choir rehearsal
b. To invite some students to join choir rehearsal
c. To inform some students about choir rehearsal
d. To invite all students to join choir rehearsal
18. How long will the choir rehearsal last?
a. Two hours
b. Three hours
c. Four hours
d. Five hours
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 8 cups water
- Small clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon butter
1. Fry tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a pan with butter for five minutes.
2. Add water, spices, salt, and pepper.
3. Heat until the water boils.
4. Turn down the heat and cover the lid.
5. Cook for one hour.
19. What is kind of the text above?
20. How many tomatoes are needed for tomato soup?
a. 4 large tomatoes
b. 4 small tomatoes
c. 1 large tomato
d. 1 small tomato
21. How much water is needed for tomato soup?
a. 1 cup of water
b. 8 cups of water
c. 5 cups of water
d. 2 cups of water
22. After frying the ingredients in a pan waht is the next step?
a. Turn down the heat.
b. Heat until the water boils.
c. Add water, spices, salt, and pepper.
d. Cook for one hour.
23. What is the last step when making tomato soup?
a. Cook for one hour.
b. Fry the ingredients in a pan.
c. Heat until the water boils.
d. Put stock into a pan.
24. Arrange the jumbled words below!
mother – her – an –Junior High School – teacher – English – is – at
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
a. 2-1-7-3-5-6-8-4 c. 2-6-5-3-1-7-8-4
b. 2-1-3-7-6-5-8-4 d. 2-1-7-3-6-5-8-4
25. listening – their – are – at present – the students – teacher – to
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The right arrangement of the jumbled words above is ……
a. 5-3-7-1-2-6-4 c. 5-1-3-7-4-6-2
b. 5-3-1-7-2-6-4 d. 5-3-1-7-6-2-4
Text 7 to answer no. 27-30
How to Repel Mice
Mice look cute, but they can be harmful pets that destroy household items, eat and mess with food and can spread severe diseases through their feces and parasites they carry.
Here are some useful tip on how to repel house mice:
1. Use peppermint, put the peppermint near wall corner.
2. Pour generous amount of peppermint oil on cotton balls.
3. Place the saturated cotton balls on areas where mice are possibly seen-around counter tops, under the sofas in your living room.
4. Put them behind shelves, wall corner or on the floor beneath your kitchen sink.
26. Why do we use peppermint to repel mice? Because ................
a. Peppermint is fresh to breathe.
b. mice love the peppermint.
c. Mice will die of breathing mint.
d. Mice hate the smell of peppermint.
27. “Mice look cute, but they can be harmful pets that destroy household items,”
The word ‘harmful’ has the similar meaning with…
28. From the text above, we can conclude that .......
a. mice spread severe disease through feces.
b. Mice love peppermint.
c. Peppermint is useful to repel mice.
d. We can place oil everywhere to repel mice.
29. “Put them behind shelves ...”
The word “them” refers to .....
b. cotton balls
d. peppermint oil
30. Nilam : What do you think of my new shoes?
Hani : … It looks good on you
a. I know
b. I think
c. It’s good
d. I think it’s good idea
31. Kamil : …
Rizal : here you are, mom.
a. What do you think?
b. Do you ever go to the zoo?
c. Are you sure?
d. Give me some sugar, please?
Text 8 to answer no.33-37
I have a friend named Indra. He is a very fat person. His hobby is eating. He likes all kinds of foods. He eats everything in front of him. His weight is 95 kilograms. He has a very chubby cheek. His family and friends like him very much.
32. I have a friend named ........
33. What is his hobby?
34. How much does he weight?
a. 70 kg.
b. 60 kg.
c. 95 kg.
d. 50 kg.
35. He has a very ..........
a. Beautiful face
b. Nice attitude
c. Chubby cheek
d. Handsome face
36. He is a very .............. person.
Text 8, for number 38-43
Hi! My name is Mi-Yong. I live in Seoul, the capital city with over ten millions people and two millions motor vehicles. My favorite holiday is sol, the lunar New Year’s Day. It is an occasion for family reunion. Every year over 20 million people travel across the country and celebrate the holiday season with their families. My family visits grandparents and relatives in the countryside.
37. What capital city of is Seoul?
c. North Korea
d. South Korea
38. What is Mi-yong favourite holiday?
b. New Year
d. Lunar New Year
39. What is the lunar New Year’s Day in Korean?
40. What does Mi-Yong do in her holiday?
b. has a party
c. has a class reunion
d. visits her grandparents
41. Where do Mi-yong’s grandparents live?
b. Capital City
c. Sea shore
42. How many people travel across the country and celebrate the holiday?
Text 9 (no. 44-46)
Yogyakarta is an artwork buyer’s paradise because a lot of well known artists originated from this place. These famous artists have influenced local artisans in silver, leather, batik and other branches of craft.
Even rattan and bamboo, can be made into very attractive craft items. Not only for home, but also used in international hotels. One can find these items easily in several stores along Malioboro Street, the main street of Yogyakarta.
43. “....because a lot of well known artists originated from this place.”
The words ‘well known’ has the same meaning with...
a. very good
b. very well
44. “….artists originated from this place.”
The words ‘this place’ refers to…
d. Malioboro Street
45. “One can find these items easily in several stores along Malioboro Street, …”
The word ‘store’ has the same meaning with….
Text 7 (no. 34-38)
How to stop Nose Bleeding
(1) First, loosen the clothing around your neck.
(2) Secondly, put a cotton pad in the bleeding nostril.
(3) Then sit down with your head leaning forward.
(4) Squeeze your nose until it stops bleeding.
(5) If your nose continues to bleed, call a doctor.
46. How many steps do we have to stop nose bleeding before going to call the doctor?
47. Then sit down with your head leaning forward.
The synonym of the word ‘leaning’ is...
48. From the text we are suggested that we should....
a. Call a doctor immediately in case of nose bleeding.
b. Not lean backward when we have nose bleeding.
c. Never put a cotton pad in a bleeding nostril.
d. Squeeze your nose until it stops bleeding.
49. “Squeeze your nose until it stops bleeding.”
The word ‘it’ in that sentence refers to.....
50. Normally, as a human being, we have....nostrils.